Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
Films for the hearing impaired
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert A Compton; Dan Treharne; Broken Pencil Productions.
|Language Note:||Closed captioned.|
|Notes:||Bonus features : Extended interview with Craig Barrett, chairman of the board at Intel ; Teacher's guide [PDF with questions for students] ; Six minute cut of film.|
|Credits:||Cinematography, Medeni Griffiths ; music, Jonathan Kirkscey.|
|Performer(s):||Commentators: Dr. Craig Barrett, Lisa Keegan, Dr. James M. Gentile, Dr. Olga Block, Dr. Michael Block, Carolyn McGarvey, Rob Lee.|
|Target Audience:||Not rated.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (ca. 54 min.)|
Meet Olga --
The curriculum --
The teachers --
The students --
|Other Titles:||Two million minutes|
|Responsibility:||Broken Pencil Productions ; Robert A. Compton presents ; executive producer, Robert A. Compton ; produced, edited and directed by Dan Treharne.|
|Local System Bib Number:||
Following up on his first documentary, Two Million Minutes, Robert Compton searched "for the best high schools, in the hopes of discovering a solution to America's education crisis. Then, in one of the poorest areas of America, Compton discovered a school that teaches ordinary U.S. children at an extraordinarily high academic level. This school demonstrates that American students are capable of competing with the best in the world academically, given the right curriculum, the right teachers, and the right inspiration and expectations for success. Despite the decline of public education, the decades ahead can be ones of prosperity and economic growth for the United States, provided the American people have the will and the leadership to embrace The 21st Century Solution."--Container.
Retrieving notes about this item
- High school students -- United States.
- Education, Secondary -- United States.
- Education, Secondary -- Aims and objectives -- United States.
- Education, Secondary -- United States -- Evaluation.
- Educational indicators -- United States.
- Educational productivity -- United States.
- Education -- United States -- Evaluation.
- Education and globalization -- United States.
- Public schools -- United States.
- Private schools -- United States.
- Educational change -- United States.
- Academic achievement -- United States -- Evaluation.